Monday, March 4, 2013

my super cool cape may bridal shower...

i live in weehawken but was born & raised in cape may, nj, EXIT 0 on the parkway.  way down in south jersey where the parkway has stop lights!
i'm actually the only person in my mother's family who doesn't still live in the area.  sometimes i feel left out, but when i do go home i feel like i get special attention because i'm not around as much.  someone usually hosts a dinner for me and i get to see all of my 23 cousins, it's a good time.
my bridal shower was no exception!!
it was important that i had two, since so much of my family is there and so many of my friends are here! the wedding was coming fast, and since the engagement was a surprise it wasn't something that i'd been planning or even thinking about.  this made things like colors, themes, and concepts a little hard to come up with...still somehow it started coming together.   the wedding was fall, but that wasn't really helping the color process.  i've always liked navy, so i knew that had to be in there somewhere.  chevron & bunting were big popular themes that i thought would be easy and fun.  and what went well with navy? coral & tan & brown i thought.  there it was done!  THESE WERE THE INVITATIONS!!
My cousin Carli designed them and they were perfect! i loved the colors and the button and the texture of the paper.  and she even respected my love of lower case letters!
The decorations kept with the theme.  so cute & crafty! it was held at her mothers house, my aunt Nina.  My other aunts made my favorite foods & desserts and it was the perfect little lunch.
This is a picture of my mother, her parents and i.  you can tell by the looks on our faces that it was a very happy day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment