Thursday, March 21, 2013

my Mad Hatter Tea Party bridal shower...



as i started to say before, since i live so far away from home i had to have 2 showers.  lucky girl!
for the one in Hoboken i told my 2 best girlfriends & my 2 future sister-in-laws my requests... i wanted to have a Mad Hatter Alice in Wonderland type tea party.  i wanted it to be cute and in my friend Retta's back yard. after those suggestions they kicked me off the email chain and took matters into their own hands.  what it turned into was one of the coolest showers that anyone had ever been to!

When i received the invitation i was super excited! i've been an Alice in Wonderland fan since high school, which is when i met my 2 best girlfriends so they were well aware.  they also know how much i love theme parties and dressing up so this was going to be a dream come true.

"Hats were encouraged," so right away i started crafting mine.  I wasn't sure everyone would wear one, but i WAS sure that my friend Retta would do her best to insist on it!
It's hard for me to blog about the work and the details that went into the planning of this beautiful day because i'm sure it was more work than i can imagine.  i know it started with cleaning out Retta's backyard which ended up never looking better.  The girls collected a variety of chairs and 30 + sets of tea cups and matching saucers. They made pretty bunting decorations and the most incredible paper flowers.  My future mother-in-law Lois, wrote a lovely poem that was placed on everyones assigned seat.
I arrived to what was truly a magical enchanted garden tea party!  i knew it was my shower, but you can tell by the look on my face that i was shocked and surprised at how amazing it all was!  it beat anything i had ever thought up or seen on pinterest when it came to tea parties!  & EVERYONE was wearing a hat!!

It was the perfect weather and the perfect space.  we sipped special punches from our fancy tea cups and ate adorable finger sandwiches.


future Mr. & Mrs. Foti
 my friends totally embraced the theme.  & when john showed up he joined in the fun!

Kate, Lois, Lauren, Jess (me and my future family)






me and my two best gals Retta & April
i'll never forget the wonderful time we had that day in Retta's backyard.  I remember everyone didn't think we would fit or that it was the right space.  But it was...and sadly it was the last time we were all together there.  Retta's apartment was flooded by hurricane Sandy.  Retta, one of the strongest people i know, pulled herself together and moved on & up...she is now living in THE WEST VILLAGE where she's always wanted to be & couldn't be happier!
i have the greatest friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment